Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ready to Read

      As a child, I remember my summers were full of fort building, weeding the green beans in the garden, trips to the Storm Lake Pool, and reading.  Many of the books in this picture were some of my favorite summer reads.  Judy Blume, Roald Dahl, Beverly Cleary and Laura Ingalls Wilder filled my summer days and nights.  I remember my mom putting me to be at night and reading to me, Little House in the Big Woods.  Listening to her voice made me want to hear more about Laura and her big sister Mary.  I remember understanding how Beezus felt about her little sister Ramona.  I loved laughing at Fudge as he pulled another prank. 
     I know my students are excited that we are in the 4th quarter of school and that Summer is just teasing them!  I hope they will create memories this summer like I did with my mom reading great books.  Think about a trip to the library to get them started on the right foot for the summer.  Kids who read will be ready for 3rd grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment